A fish slingshot for helping our finned friends get over dams is now being tested in the wild:
"Originally designed for fruit, Whooshh turned its technology into a tool to help safely send fish over dams blocking the course on the Columbia river in Washington state. Under tests right now with the Department of Energy and the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, the Whooshh tubes could be shooting more fish over dams in the near future. A test this past summer showed that fish will voluntarily enter the tube. When they swim into the entrance, the vacuum sucks them in and gives them initial boost; after that, elevated pressure behind the fish keeps them moving at about 15 to 22 miles per hour till they go flying out the other end."
(Via Alexis Madrigal’s 5 Intriguing Things newsletter)
- White people: *reads/watches a book/movie about a Dystopian world* wow those poor people being oppressed by the government and authority.they have every right to fight back and should start a revolt.Nobody should be treated this way!
- POC: *actually oppressed by government and police authority*
- *are prosecuted each and everyday*
- *gets killed and beaten by the police while being unarmed*
- *gets Fed up and start protesting against all this*
- White people: ..
- Wow like I understand that racial minorities are angry but that doesn't give them the right to riot and say that you hate the police and white people.You don't fight fire with fire! This isn't about race unless you make it about race! #weallbleedred
tagging this with spoiler tags in case anyone here is trying to avoid looking at hyrule warriors stuff?
gosh this made me feel kinda nostalgic, I used to make lots of zelda fancomics back when twilight princess was released
LITERALLY WHAT GANONDORF WOULD SAY IRL
kill the idea that openly caring characters are boring
set on fire the line of thought that dictates that altruism is a bad thing and that selfishness/sassiness is an inherently more appealing and ‘~intricate~’ quality than an affectionate nature
smash and bury the concept of the false equivalency between angst and complexity
kindness and empathy are not synonyms for “blandness” and “lack of personality”